Friday 18 June 2010

Please Don't Push Me Away

Tell me what you see
When you look at me
When you look into my eyes
Can you beat the disguise?

Can you see the hurt?
Can you see the pain?
Or is all you can see a happy face

When I look into your eyes
I can see through the disguise
All the hurt all the pain
Haunting you again

You smile as you say I’m ok
One look into your eyes
With a glimpse of your heart
I know its all a lie

No need to hide it all away
Listen to me when I say
I’m here for you to guide you through
Please don’t push me away.

© Ann Dempsey 2003

Creative Commons License
Please Don't Push Me Away by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

2 comments:

  1. Beyond the clouds of slumber
    on a carpet of colorful dreams i fly!
    On waking i know, my must walk
    bare feet on this earth so dry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg thats a beautiful verse

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.