Wednesday 23 June 2010

I Can't Reach You

I didn’t get to tell you how great you were
I feel I didn’t make good use of our time
Were you so unhappy? Were you so sad?
Did you just get too curious?
Could anyone have helped you?
All my curiosities go unanswered I just can’t not know

Can’t you hear me I don’t understand why you went?
Why wasn’t it another prank why couldn’t it just be a joke?
It’s not it’s as real as I am here writing
I miss our random chats I miss your laugh your smile
I can’t get you back I can’t get you back

I can’t bring myself to clear your details
I still don’t want to believe you’re really gone
What happened to Plymouth, your dreams your plans
You’ve gone somewhere much further somewhere we can’t visit
No phone calls, no emails we can’t reach you I can’t reach you there!

©Ann Dempsey 2006

Creative Commons License
I Can't Reach You by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.