Thursday 17 June 2010

All Alone

All alone I cried myself to sleep I can’t do this
Dreamt of a happy place even that had hidden misery
They take all they can and leave me just to rot
I hide away and release my pain all alone
Conceal my tears in the pitch black

Slowly fading into nothing and no one to paint me back in
Left to fade in time to a mere shadow that no one recognises
All I had I gave to them to waste and abuse
The last few dregs of trust misplaced from friendship
A friendship used and abused is eventually lost forever

So I hide in the dark no one can see me cry
Not here not anywhere my weakness going un-noticed
My pain, searing deep through every major organ
Misery consumes my heart and soul my being
I stare into this mirror a stranger before me I see.

© Ann Dempsey October 2006

Creative Commons License
All Alone by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

2 comments:

  1. The heart kept asking for accounts
    of all the spent emotions....

    But she had shut all the love ledgers
    before she left town .....

    4 u

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.