Thursday 8 July 2010

Stuck Between Cashmere and Burlap

Soft as satin, feels like home,
I only know and feel your sound,
I do not know your touch,
Soft as cashmere am I nearly home?

Imagination plays the villain creating my reluctance,
What ifs graze my soul like burlap on skin,
No cashmere in sight to comfort my tormented imagination,
How do I know if this is safe?

Sarsenet on my skin, my heart,
Keeps me feeling safe with you,
Soft materials wrap me in them with your words,
Can you take me away give me freedom? Keep me safe?

I am lost between cashmere and burlap,
I am face to face with a crossroads in my being,
Soft or coarse, light or dark, love or like,
Wrap me in cotton a balance between my cashmere and burlap.

© Ann Dempsey 2010

Creative Commons Licence
Stuck Between Cashmere and Burlap by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.