Tuesday 6 July 2010

Black Heart

Could you feel the earth beneath you?
Could you see the sky above you?
Did you feel the air around you?
Did you feel my love surround you?
You could have been the one to save me

Love can never be the same
People change love, translate it for a perfect dream
Only love can break a heart
Only love can fix it again
Save me from the rigid chains of doomed love

Paint my heart with thick black paint
Never will my heart feel rich again
Never again will my heart be painted scarlet with love
Paint it black I will never go back
Tortured me burnt me cursed me

© Ann Dempsey 2005

Creative Commons Licence
Black Heart by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.