Thursday 1 July 2010

Brighter Day

I see that you’re unhappy
I don’t know what to say
The way you’re talking to me
That sad voice those sad eyes
I see that you are hiding
Avoiding all the strain
The trials and tribulations that come from day to day

I know just how you’re feeling
I love you and I pray
Tomorrow hope will shimmer
From somewhere deep down there
Your heart is full of passion
But one you cannot share for fear
Of losing all that’s dear and oh so very near

We have so much in common
More than you’ll ever know
The more I fall in love with you
The more I want to share
The things I hide so deep inside
The things I never share

I’ve lived my life in fear and pain
I know its hard today
Just look out for tomorrow
To bring a brighter day.

© Ann Dempsey 2002

Creative Commons Licence
Brighter Day by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.