Sunday 4 July 2010

No More Games

Look me in the eye
And tell me you don’t care
Look me in the eye and lie
You’ve done it once you’ve done it twice
Just look me in the eye

It hurts so much to see you
To see you in this pain
Trapped inside a circle
A vicious one of games
You’ve woven a web of lies
A web that just won’t break

The lies you once told
Are coming back to haunt you
You can’t escape them now
You’ve left them far too late
You will realise with some time
Just how much you’ve done to hurt me
How much pain you’ve caused my heart

Thought you were the girl for me
Thought you were my perfect match
You played me for a fool
And I believed in you
What game will you play next
That was your last game with me
No more hurt
No more pain I’m taking no more shit
Especially from you

© Ann Dempsey 2004

Creative Commons Licence
No More Games by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.