Thursday 9 December 2010

Is it the end?

Memories of you rotate in my mind whirling, twirling, fast forward, rewind.
I miss you and it encroaches upon me at odd times and places
My oldest friend we never fought.
It scares me to think I might forget your face one day
Your voice barely clings to my memory
Can you really be gone if memories of you exist? I like to think not.
I still hold you in my heart.
I wonder if you knew how important you were to me to all of us.
It all seems so final, is it?
Maybe you will greet me one day I hope to see you again in time
Until then I will keep your memory,
Cherish our time here keep you locked and safe in my heart.

© Ann Dempsey 2010

Creative Commons Licence
Is it the end? by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.