Friday 13 August 2010

Grandpa

Its is 8 years today since my Grandpa died so I thought I would share with you something I wrote just after he passed on.

I wasn’t there the day you left
I was alone in a strange place
But I knew when it happened
She held your hand
As you slipped away
You knew it was time

You are missed
She cried each night
She carries you in her heart
And will till her time

Wherever she goes
She knows you are there
Right by her side
Ready to guide

I respected you
I looked up to you
But you were her rock
Her light in the dark

She knew when to stop
Oh you and your look
But never will you be forgotten
And pushed to the bottom
We know you are there
Just watching and waiting.

© Ann Dempsey 2002

Creative Commons Licence
Grandpa by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the deepening tides of my mind and soul by Ann Dempsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.